On the 4thof September 2018, Roussillon Wines’ Deputy-Director and Oenologist, Eric Aracil, hosted a Master Class in the Grand Hotel located on the Haeundae Beach in Busan. 80 people attended the event which was organized by one of Roussillon’s Korean importers: AvecWine. AvecWine organized this master class for sommeliers for Busan, other importer/distributers and students graduating in Wine Studies that very evening. Eric was accompanied by Mr. Chon director of the wine-importing company VINIDEUS who translated for Eric during the evening. Their wine knowledge and chemistry during the presentation made for a very interesting and captivating master class.
The wines presented at the Master Class were:
- AOP Côtes du Roussillon Les Aspres, La Coume d’Ars, Château Planères, 2014, Rouge (red)
- AOP Côtes du Roussillon, Cuvée Chantail, Château Planères, Rouge (red)
- Château Planères, Côtes du Roussillon Les Aspres, La Romanie, Rouge (red) 2012
- AOC Muscat de Rivesaltes, Intuition, Château des Hospices, Vin Doux Naturel, 2016, Blanc (white)
- AOP Rivesaltes Ambre Hors d’Âge, Les Vignerons de Constance & Terrassous, Vin Doux Naturel, 12 years (amber)
Following the master class, Eric was the guest of honor for Busan Catholic University’ Sommelier Graduation diner. Eric presented the graduates with signed-certificates signifying their completion of classes on Roussillon wines. Roussillon Wines’ relationship with Korean sommellery runs deep: organizing wine-tastings with Korea’s two lead organizations KSA and KISA, sponsoring Korea’s Best Sommelier Competition, but also giving attention to recent graduates in the sommelier field, accompanying them as they live their studies into a professional world.