On the 5thof September 2018, Roussillon Wines’ Deputy-Director Eric Aracil hosted a master class with the wine importer Decanter in the Paradise Hotel situated on the Haeundae Beach in Busan. Eric Aracil and ChanWoo Jeong led the master class in restaurant Nyx with some of Busan’s very best sommeliers.
The wines presented were as follows:
- IGP Côtes Catalanes, Grenache d’Altitude, Maison Albera, Blanc (white)
- AOP Côtes Du Roussillon, Casot d’En Gora, Domaine des Schistes, 2016, Blanc (white)
- AOP Côtes Du Roussillon Villages, Caune d’en Joffre, Domaine des Schistes, 2016, Rouge (red)
- AOP Côtes Du Roussillon Villages, Château Les Pins, Dom Brial, 2013, Rouge (red)
- AOP Maury Sec, Le Désir, Domaine La Coume Du Roy, 2015, Rouge (red)
- AOP Muscat De Rivesaltes, Dom Brial, Vin Doux Naturel, 2017, Blanc (white)
- AOP Maury Doux Grenat, Domaine La Coume Du Roy, 2016, Rouge (red)
- AOP Banyuls Grand Cru, Baillaury, Cave De l’Abbe Rous, 2007, Rouge (red)
The audience was eager to know more about wines from Roussillon and their particularities. The professionalism depth and passion for wine portrayed at this master class was apparent to all participants and organizers. At the end of the master class, the sommeliers present received a certification signed by Eric Aracil, as proof of their attendance and completion of a Roussillon Wines master class.
Later the same day, Eric Aracil traveled to the famous Hilton Hotel near Busan for a diner and master class also held by Decanter. The friendly yet intelligent atmosphere surrounding the diner made for a very interactive presentation. Signed certifications and customized gifts were offered at the end of the diner and the guests left with smiles on their faces.