On the 21stof November, Roussillon Wines Council along with 5 winemakers from the region organized a media dinner at the famous Grand Intercontinental Hotel in Seoul inviting Korean news organizations and Roussillon Wines’ importers.
A 6-course dinner was served at the hotel’s restaurant Table 34, the venue where Minjae Kim, the winner of the Roussillon Special prize-winner of the Best Korean Sommelier competition, works. This fabulous evening began with Eric Aracil, Oenologist and Deputy Director of the Roussillon Wine’s Council, giving a brief introduction and history of wines from Roussillon, followed by a pairing between Table 34’s delicious food and Roussillon’s unique wines.
The guest list was composed of these organizations:
- Château de l’Ou
- Château Rombeau
- Domaine Rancy
- Dom Brial
- Vignerons Catalans
- Hotel Avia
- Hotel & Restaurant
- Jinwon Yang (independent wine journalist and lecturer)
- Tasty Korea
- The Scent
- Miracle Wines
- Wine & Beverage Korea
- WS Trading
- Hayatt Hotel Sommelier
- Grand Intercontinental F&B Manager
- Grand Intercontinental Hotel Director
The evening was hosted by Eric Aracil along with the different wine-makers also presenting their wines personally and the winery they represent. This was not only a good occasion for the media to taste the wines directly and get to know the wine-makers who make this divine nectar themselves, but also for them to see the family-like work ethic between the wineries and their different importers in Korea.
The wine list included:
- CHÂTEAU DE L’OU: AOP Rivesaltes Grenat 2016
- DOM BRIAL: AOP Côtes du Roussillon Blanc, Château Les Pins 2014
- DOMAINE DE RANCY: IGP Côtes Catalanes, Carignan 2017
- VIGNERONS CATALANS: AOP Côtes du Roussillon Villages 2016, Red Domus
- CHÂTEAU DE L’OU: Côtes du Roussillon Villages, Compartir 2017
- CHÂTEAU ROMBEAU: AOP Côtes du Roussillon Villages, Elise 2014
- DOMAINE DE RANCY: AOP Rivesaltes Ambré, Le Temps D’un Oubli
- CHÂTEAU ROMBEAU: AOP Muscat de Rivesaltes
- DOM BRIAL: Muscat de Rivesaltes, Château Les Pin
Not only was the dinner educational and filled with delicious pairings, but laughs were exchanged and a feeling of good company felt. This dinner brought to the forefront the wines of Roussillon, the passion of its winemakers and the family values that tie this region together.