On the 29 of October Roussillon took part in TastyWines Seoul, with a Master Class from Eric Aracil for more than 30 professional participants, followed by the participation of 8 wineries in the mini-fair which followed with more than 150 professional visitors, gathering the must of Seoul’s wine profession at the Somerset Palace.
The Master Class
The Master Class was presented by Eric Aracil, Export Manager and Deputy Director of Roussillon Wines Council. Eric Aracil presented the Roussillon region, its history, wines, history, traditions and wine-making process for both dry and sweet wines. The professional audience gathering members of the media, importers, distributors, sommeliers and other wine professionals, seemed greatly interested in both the presentation and the tasting which followed.
For the tasting, Eric Aracil described and tasted 8 different wines with the audience. The wine list was as follows and in this order:
- Les Terrasses de l’Arago, Eleccio, AOP Côtes du Roussillon, Rosé, 2018
- Dom Brial, Château les Pins, AOP Côtes du Roussillon, White, 2015
- Mas Janiel, Domaines François Lurton, Le Petit Pas, AOP Côtes du Roussillon, Red, 2018
- Domaine de la Perdix, Corto, IGP Côtes Catalanes, Red, 2018
- SARL Infiniment, Compartir, AOP Côtes du Roussillon Villages, Red, 2017
- Domaine Singla, La Crinyane, AOP Côtes du Roussillon Villages, Red, 2015
- Domaine Cazes, AOP Rivesaltes Ambré, 2004
- Domaine Vial Magnères, Al Tragou, AOP Banyuls, 1993
TastyWines Roadshow is a signature event of Break Events Group, organising a traveling roadshow in Asia with 3 circuits organised a year. This year, Roussillon took part in this event and had 8 wineries present at TastyWines Seoul. The wineries are as follows:
- Château de L’Ou
- Dom Brial
- Domaine La Perdix
- Domaine Singla
- Maison Cazes
- Mas Janiel
- Terrasses de l’Arago
- Vial Magnères
The event was a great success, gathering the must of the professional wine world in Korea, with more than 150 strictly professional visitors. When considering the size of the Korean market and the quality of the visitors, the success was undeniable. Next year, TastyWines will return to Seoul and Roussillon will once again partake in this traveling roadshow. Roussillon wines is looking forward to meeting their Korean friends again to whom we say “Kamsamnida”!